Your photographer desires for each and every photo session to go smoothly and for clients to have the most enjoyable experience possible. Many people believe that a photographer’s job is pretty simple. You just point and shoot right? The reality is that there’s a lot more that goes into capturing the images you love. There are also some things many photographers secretly wish they could come right out and say to their clients. I mean, after all, we want to make YOU successful and give you the best chance to love your images!! Here are a few examples.
1. We’re nervous too. We know how important your photo shoot is to you and that you’ve been agonizing over the perfect outfits and spent hours on your hair and makeup. We know you are expecting us to capture you perfectly so that you will cherish the images from our brief time together for years and that is a lot of pressure. While we may be confident in our abilities as a photographer, we get nervous before each shoot as well wanting it to go perfectly for you. For me personally, it means I hype myself up as much as possible beforehand and go through my “I am’s and I can’s lists.” Try it, try reminding yourself you’re beautiful, and you cannot wait to see yourself in these stunning images 😉
2. We don’t want to fix every little flaw. One thing that many people don’t realize is that they’re beautiful in their own way and photographers strive to capture this unique beauty in their shots. It’s for this reason that we only make minor adjustments when editing your photos. Yes, Photoshop can work wonders and technically, we could fix every little detail that you’re unhappy with in your photos but this isn’t practical. Do your best to make yourself picture perfect and we will take care of the rest.
3. We take our pricing seriously. We price our services according to the quality, experience, and time we spend with each client. When we hear people joke about how high our prices are compared to other photographers, what we hear is that you don’t think we are good enough to charge that price. It makes us doubt our abilities and simply just hurts our feelings. We’ve ran our costs of running, owning and operating our business and sometimes that means we have higher pricing because we have to adjust based on the services we provide. If your budget is feeling pinched, reach out, we typically love finding a way to make things work.
4. Have fun. Chances are we’ve seen it all. Kids throwing tantrums, a surprise thunderstorm and wardrobe malfunctions, things can go wrong but don’t stress about them. We will work our magic to make your shoot the best experience for you but this means you need to relax and just have fun. When you are enjoying yourself we can better capture your unique personality and fun-loving nature, which is what we really want to do. When you stress out about your kids misbehaving we end up feeling anxious and that will only affect the way we take your images. Trust us, kids are our thing, let us jump in and take over to solve some anxious problems. Sometimes just setting the camera down and playing for five minutes can save the day! No matter what goes wrong simply laugh it off, we always have backup plans and ideas up our sleeves.
5. Trust us. You hired us for a reason. We’re hoping it was because you looked through our social media and website and liked what you saw. It is hard for us to do our best work and make you look your best if you don’t take our suggestions or trust that we know what looks good. We are seeing things from a perspective you cannot see so let us do our job. It is our job to make you look good and take images that you will love for years to come. This is something we take great pride in so trust that we would never ask you to pose in a way that is not flattering. Trust us and we will do everything we can to not to disappoint you.
We love what we do for a living and as photographers and artists, we want to share our passion and joy with the world but sometimes clients can forget that we’re also working professionals. We want to produce the very best results for each and every one of our clients, which is why it’s important that prospective customers know what to expect when working with a professional photographer.
*Some of the links provided above do include referral links which means we receive a tiny portion of credit for those who purchase using the links provided.