Senior Pictures Prep Checklist // Nebraska Senior Photographer
You’ve got your senior session coming up and we want to make sure you’re set up for success! We’ve created a quick senior session prep checklist for you to quickly go through with simple tips to get you ready for the exciting senior pictures you’ve anxiously awaited for.
- Get a haircut/color
- Narrow down your outfits (bring at least one outfit you feel confident in, one outfit your parents like an outfit appropriate for your yearbook photo)
- Trim your nails and have them painted
- Practice some posing in the mirror to ease being anxious, if you have a favorite “angle” please let us know and we’ll make sure to get your “good side”
Want to take it a step further? Make a prep kit! We’ve created an AMAZON SESSION PREP KIT filled of items if you want to create a kit of things to bring to your sesh, we of course have a lot of these already in our own kit so it’s not necessary but sometimes we have parents that like coming prepared 😉
- Outfits & accessories chosen
- Undergarments for outfits chosen (no visible bra straps, etc)
- Iron/Steam outfits
- Shoes for all outfits chosen (bring a pair you can get dirty to walk in tall grass locations)
- Props chosen (and communicated to photographer)
- Clean/Trim/Paint Nails
- Glasses (remove lenses or practice putting on those contacts to ensure we don’t get lens’ glare)
- More important: Get lots of sleep
- Shave (guys face; girls legs, underarms)
- Eat before session, even just a snack will keep those jitters down
- Make sure to check in ahead of time if the weather looks like it might be cloudy or stormy, don’t worry, I do my best to stay in constant contact leading up to your sesh on this 😉
- Show up on time or be there a little earlier to ensure we can maximize our time together
- Relax and rest up for the evening, we’re gonna have so much fun!!
We wish you the best of luck for your big day! Hopefully our senior prep checklist will set you up for success. We cannot wait to see you shine like the star you are! Haven’t booked your senior portrait session yet but wanting to? Shoot us a message! We’d love to squeeze you in!